Location & Hours
You Might Also Consider
Your trust is our top concern, so businesses can't pay to alter or remove their reviews. Learn more.
Ok, based on the reviews you guys have left I was scared to go here!
On holiday in Penticton over the August long weekend our dog became dehydrated and very sick.
There was not a single Vet that could see him for FOUR DAYS except the hour plus drive to Fairfield! This is your only choice in the oakanagan for emergency's period!
We were well warned about the long wait and there was for sure, over 2 hrs before we were seen.
Staff could not have been more friendly or accommodating. Brought in food and water for our dog while we waited.
Expensive yes, but when we called they told us it was $250 just to be seen so our choice. Yes, push for up-sale and tests for sure but what business isn't these days?
We found the Vet to be more then agreeable when we chose the least intrusive approach to helping our pet. Examine and meds was less the $50 on top of the office visit and our personal vet at home received all the records from our visit in less the 12 hours!
They were so caring of our Luna the cat. Even though she basically bit the bullet in the end and crossed over the rainbow ridge, Fairfield did all the could to help her. I really appreciated the frequent updates of her condition. RIP Luna, you will always be in our hearts.
this is the most over priced and unprofessional place I have ever been too, took my dog in because he wasn't doing well and my own vet was closed. after paying through the nose and waiting hours they gave a diagnosis and pain meds. dog got worse and took him to my reg vet and found the diagnosis was totally wrong and if I wouldn't of got him in when I did he would of died. they only know how to charge not how to cure
Experience from a previous employee:
I worked here for almost 2 years as a receptionist. This is the worst place I have ever worked. There were at least 3-4 veterinary technicians that worked in the back that would bully me and others. We would bring this up with management and all they would get were warnings. This place was a night mare. No one deserves being harassed and bullied in a work place.
Very rude people, never have I been treated so awful from a customer experience especially paying insane amount of money. Take your loved pet elsewhere please!
I just had the worst experience possible at Fairfield veterinary clinic. We called in the morning explaining that my cat had a sore paw. She told me the wait was around 2 hours so I said that's fine, we are driving from Revelstoke. At this point it would've been helpful for her to tell me that she wouldn't put me on the waitlist until I arrived. I called when we got there, she asked for our cars make, model and colour and told us that she would come out and get us. Nobody came out. After an hour I called again and explained to her that we had two kids under three in the car as well as my cat. She said the wait would still be another hour. At this point I asked if we could go to the park and have her call when they were ready and she said no we had to wait in the parking lot. In total we waited 3 1/2 hours in the parking lot with two kids and a sick cat. When they finally saw my cat it took them 10 minutes to diagnose an animal bite and give us antibiotics and painkillers. They didn't even administer the medication and charged us over $300. I WOUKD NOT RECOMMEND TAKING YOUR PET HERE.
Only care about milking you for every cent they can. Terrible place to bring your animal.. Go to any other place, but be careful because they own a handful of other vets in the region.
Went in and asked for some Celine solution to hydrate my cat an IV type of procedure that I had done before they insisted that I have $160 blood test plus $75 appointment it ended up costing me over $400 The appetite enhancer medication ran out early so when I ordered the new stuff I ordered 5 mg when I was about to pay I checked the bottle insisted that they measure it came up at 2 mg if I went into their store and stole cat food etc. they would put me in jail I have no real recourse other than to...Tell the public what happened to me
Surprisingly, the most expensive vet in the valley, yet the most negligent. I am appalled by the care we received of our 3 week old puppy. We brought him into the vet, he was having some diarrhea and looked very dehydrated. He spent a whole the night in the vet and only got his sugars monitored because no one there felt comfortable starting an iv on a puppy. I am not sure how you can call this place an emergency when no one on shift can start an IV on a puppy? Nevertheless, our puppy did not receive fluids until the morning.. by this time it was too late. As the most important window of time is the first 12 hours to get fluids and antibiotics in. He became increasingly ill, couldn't take any food down orally and stopped pooping. They barely let us see the puppy (10 minute visits).. and when I left I felt somewhat assured that our little panda was going to make it through. They told us he wasn't obstructed (turns out he was) and he was in so much pain we had to put him down. I wanted to go visit him before he got cremated to say goodbye. My mom called ahead to let them know I was coming after my 12 hour shift.. and somehow there was a miscommunication with the vet and the morgue. The lack of communication baffles me.. They told us they forgot to put a note on his box not to take him. I did NOT get to say goodbye to my loved one. I am still astonished on how you forget to tell the morgue (I can't imagine if this happened to one of the patients I cared for).. this is not acceptable for any healthcare place. I believe if they started fluids from day one things could have been different.. I would not recommend this place to anyone unless it is your only option. Over the past 15 years, I have had many negative experiences here. Not to mention this insufficient care cost us 1000 dollars. I would give this place 0 stars if I could.
Rest In Peace Panda. I wish I got to say my goodbyes.
they wanted to kill our cat... and they did
1. We brought our beautiful siberian cat in because she had impaired kidneys. Our regular vet advised us to take her to the fairfield hospital because they could treat her around the clock whereas our vet only worked from 9 to 5. We took her in because for the 2 days prior, she wasn't eating. Naturally, we were very worried that she would starve to death. They hooked her up to an iv drip, but they refused to feed her or give her any nutrients with injections. a doctor "helmer" (i think she's jewish), claimed "starvation is not her problem." Well, if I lock you in a room with no food for days on end, I'm pretty sure starvation will be your problem too obviously.
2. this "doctor" kept saying to me on the phone your cat CAN NOT LIVE! YOUR CAN'T WON'T LIVE! so I replied, "but she IS alive." she was determined to kill our cat. so, i argued with her on the phone. then she hung up and i called back, but the secretary said, "we're only taking calls from one family member ONLY because we have such a high volume of emergencies." ...right. so, they basically cut off communication with me even though she was just as much my cat as this other family member's. this was a cat i'd known for 15 years and the vets refused to speak to me about her. think about that
3. this doctor, while i was arguing with her, basically threatenned me by saying "if you don't agree to let us kill your cat, we'll call the spca and get them involved..." she said we weren't allowed to take our cat home alive. the implication being that if we didn't let them kill her, they would confiscate our cat and kill our cat against our wishes anyway.
4. they asked on two separate occasions for permission to kill our cat in order to "alleviate her suffering." the fact is, that our cat was unconscious. they didn't say how exactly our cat was "suffering." they said she was just lying limp and not moving when they touched her. i suggested giving her pain meds to alleviate her "suffering" (assuming that means pain), but they refused to do so. they said on no uncertain terms that our cat had no hope of living (even though she was alive at the time)
^ 4.1 it should be pointed out, by the way, that if that were true; if our cat had no hope of living much longer, there would be NO need to kill her. makes no sense. these people are dumb as hell and they're scum of the earth.
5. everyone i dealt with at this clinic was a fucking dimwitted insensate WOMAN.
anyway, if you want to have your pet seen by people who place absolutely no value on life, this place will have everything you need